Monday, March 22, 2010

Crop Mobbing Around the World

Thanks to Rachel Vanderpool Rosario for this amazing video about the concept of crop mobbing in the Dominican Republic!

I'm thrilled that this idea is generating interest in Ithaca! My family and I are from the Dominican Republic. Just a few outside of the capital city where I grew up, in a province called San Cristobal, a group of farmers has been gathering at each other's farms for over 30years to help weed, sow, and harvest a variety of crops. The same ideas outlined in the Ithaca group of what crop mobbing is apply to this farmer's organization. I've had the privilege to see them work. The comraderie is beautiful. I hope that we can foster a similar practice and community bond here in Ithaca. Here is a short documentary about these farmers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDOt7Mjr3uI

No comments:

Post a Comment